Claims Assistant - Administration within the Claims department
Position Summary: This full time position supports our Claims Department. A claims assistant will receive and make calls, process mail, conduct data entry functions and handle inquiries from management, vendors, and policyholders to ensure customer service satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process incoming and outgoing paper and electronic mail
- Print claim payment checks and prepare claim settlement packages for mailing
- Process claim stop pay and void check requests
- Assist with Claims administrative requests from all areas of the claims department
- Data Entry – Claims, First Notice of Loss and Data Collection
- Claims Management System – Document Management
- Provide administrative support and back up to Claims Staff
- Assist with Catastrophe Response
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to operate a host of software applications efficiently
- Must be detailed and task oriented
- Must be able to multi-task
- Have good time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team framework.
- Strong communication, written and verbal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Florida 620 Adjuster License Preferred or an applicant should have a willingness to obtain a license with the company’s assistance.
- Property & Casualty Claims Administrative Experience Preferred
- Four Year Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
Apply for Claims Assistant - Administration within the Claims department
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly