Homeowners Property Senior Claims Specialist
The Claims department with IAT has an immediate opening for a Senior Homeowner's Claims Specialist within the homeowner's property department that can be located in one of the following locations:
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Naperville, Illinois
- Rolling Meadows, Illinois
- Omaha, Nebraska
We will also consider a remote situation for the right candidate.
This role will be tasked with handling complex exposure claims for homeowners. Furthermore, this role will determine the extent of the company's liability and attempts to effect an out-of-court settlement with claimant and could be tasked with handling litigation cases.
- Handles highly complex exposure claims relative to homeowner's property based on Claim Guidelines.
- Perform CAT Duty as needed that will require occasionally working Schedules Weekends work hours, overnight work hours, holiday work hours (Federal and religious), etc.
- Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses subrogation/contribution/SIU opportunities.
- Sets accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with Claim Guidelines.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Works on problems of limited scope.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree with 7 years of relevant homeowner's property claims experience or equivalent.
- Equivalent is defined as 10+ years of relevant homeowner's property claims experience.
- Must be able to understand fire loss.
- Must be able to identify and investigate subrogation potential of a claims.
- Must have the ability draft appropriate and professional correspondence.
- Must have good estimating skills and be proficient with Xactimate.
- Field adjusting experience of losses in excess of $250,000 is preferred.
- Must have multiple years of demonstrable experience successfully working remote if your desired location is a remote office.
- Ability to handle business income losses.
- Advanced knowledge of Property Claim Law and jurisdictional issues.
- Licensure as required by respective state(s).
- CPCU and other insurance related studies are beneficial.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze date, utilize sound judgment to draw conclusion and make supported decisions.
- Able to interpret insurance policy contracts and identify how its coverage applies to a particular loss.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together is how we define IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace. We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships and growth. That's why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent. We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days Off
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Mentorship Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require employees to be vaccinated, we will require anyone who is unvaccinated to be tested every Thursday and submit their negative test result by 9am on Monday local time. All employees are required to log their vaccination record, if applicable, and attest daily to being symptom free before entering IAT offices.