Internal Account Specialist
Lighthouse, an Alera Group Company is seeking Internal Account Specialist to join their team.
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact? Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!
About Lighthouse, An Alera Group Company
Established in 1995, Lighthouse is a full-service insurance firm serving communities throughout Michigan. We are proud, trusted insurance experts empowering our clients to live confidently knowing the Lighthouse Team is behind them. As an Alera Group company, our teams have access to a national pool of industry-leading resources while maintaining our unique local capabilities, relationships, and commitment to the communities we serve. We provide the best of both worlds: national scope and local service.
Why Work Here?
We maintain a unique model of collaboration at a local and national level enabling employees to learn, grow, and make a positive impact. We focus on listening generously, speaking straight, and building each other up through mutual accountability and shared success.
As an Internal Account Specialist, you will be responsible for a wide range of behind-the-scenes services for our Lighthouse Group team and customers. A successful Internal Account Specialist will have the service skills needed to meet our internal and external customer's needs. The ability to organize and prioritize work during high volume periods to meet deadlines and expectations is critical to the success of this individual. This position requires interaction with Lighthouse Group leadership, colleagues, customers, carrier representatives, underwriters, and vendor partners.Responsibilities
• Support client-facing Account Executives and Account Managers both proactively and reactively.
• Manage daily transactions from various carrier partners, including policies, endorsements, audits, and more.
• Process daily mail tasks for client-facing team and re-direct work as necessary.
• Audit and correct agency management system (AMS360, ImageRight, BenefitPoint, Shared Drive, etc.) documentation within daily operations and log learning opportunities to be reviewed by management.
• Complete underwriting correspondence tasks.
• Research policy language/support client team with coverage questions.
• Document conversations with clients and carrier representatives and update all Lighthouse Group agency management systems when necessary; ensure the accuracy of data in those systems.
• Data integrity – data entry and file maintenance in AMS360, ImageRight, BenefitPoint, and beyond.
• Assist in creating client-facing documents in accordance with the Lighthouse brand.
• Attend industry-related continuing education and training courses.
• Create and maintain a positive work environment – build trust, lead by example, open communication, creative thinking & cohesive teamwork.
• Support and work alongside vendor partners, including but not limited to ReSource Pro and DocuSign.
• Support the front desk and incoming calls as necessary.
• Perform other duties and projects as required.
• Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and communicate insurance coverages.
• Self-starter, imaginative and creative with good communication skills (verbal and written).
• Thorough understanding of underwriting and coverage.
• Ability to understand workflows and identify opportunities to streamline and improve established process.
• Proficient in computer keyboarding.
• Capable of building positive relationships with other associates and communicates status of shared projects.
• Previous experience in insurance industry.
• Possess or willing to obtain a Property, Casualty, Life, and/or Health license.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.
Options Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed