Exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant with a can-do attitude to work in our Pleasanton branch office. You are often the first person our visitors, guests, and vendors are greeted by upon entering our office. In this role, you will provide basic to moderately complex administrative support to a specific department or area. This position exists to facilitate efficient and effective operations and a superior customer experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Coordinates department appointments, meetings and events
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, and notifies appropriate personnel ensuring timely connection and friendly service.
- Arranges meetings, schedules appointments and orders appropriate supplies necessary.
- Makes travel arrangements for department personnel or hosted visitors as required.
- Prepares and distributes communication, agendas and meeting materials under the direction of the meeting/event owner. Maintains minutes or records of attendance as requested.
Provides program/project support for assigned department initiatives
- Maintains calendars and project plans for department initiatives.
- Provides program and materials distribution and tracking.
- Composes and distributes correspondence, documents, reports, presentations, and other materials. Ensures accuracy of content and timely reproduction as appropriate.
- Collects and verifies data, and conducts simple analyses.
- May create, maintain, and update various information databases or other technology tools.
Assists with department financial management
- Reviews monthly budget and prepares variance reports for department leadership as requested.
- Generates and reconciles purchase orders and invoices for department spend.
- Conducts monthly department credit card reconciliation and creates expense reports.
- Prepares check requests, assists with department Team Member expense reports, and provides other budget/financial assistance as requested.
- Collects information, drafts proposed spend and works closely with department leadership to prepare budget.
Performs record keeping and department operations duties
- Responds to general inquiries concerning department activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains record keeping and filing systems; classifies, sorts and files correspondence, records and other documents.
- Opens, sorts, prioritizes and distributes mail on a daily basis.
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies and other items on behalf of department.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree from a two-year college with a major or emphasis in Business Administration or related field a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an administrative position using Microsoft Office Suite and encompassing program/project support responsibilities; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required; however, notary designation may be necessary depending on unit or department need.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Experience and/or education in Business Mathematics and administrative processes, Budgeting or other areas involving working with numbers and data. Specific functional knowledge related to department may be required. Ability to effectively present information to coworkers and supervisors on a one-on-one basis and to organize information in a presentation is required. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio as well as program/project support.
Office environment - no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Learning Agility, Organizing & Planning, and Initiative.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment. The noise level is usually moderate in the work area.