Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder limited supervision, acts as a subject matter expert for an assigned region, zone or segment. Responsible for leading CURE and audit processes as assigned. Ensure underwriting results for book of business enhance overall profitability, growth and retention of business and are consistent with all related underwriting initiatives. Educates Account Executives on underwriting strategy and guidelines. Other duties as assigned. This job typically does not manage other employees.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
May include all or the majority but not limited to these components:
- Involved in setting strategy for rate adequacy, product and pricing within assigned region or segment to achieve maximum earnings.
- May provide input into the development of strategic business planning activities to ensure underwriting philosophy and practices for zone/region/segment are consistent with business unit goals.
- Is involved in monitoring trends, emerging issues and underwriting results for the book of business. May partner with field management to take action as needed.
- Participates in training, initiatives. May participate in projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6 years of underwriting experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 7+ years of underwriting experience preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- CPCU designation preferred.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.