Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryIn this role, you perform professional accounting work to ensure that our financial information is accurate, current, and complete. You will have responsibility for developing and creating complex financial reports and analyses. Your goal will be to apply a strategic, business-centric focus to all that you do. This role does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Review internal management-based financial reporting, ensuring completeness and consistency with our corporate policies and standards. Review complex financial activities for various lines of business, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with various financial external regulatory requirements and internal accounting policies. Review external financial statements, including but not limited to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), SEC and STAT (Statutory Accounting Principles). Develop, perform and certify complex financial controls in accordance with SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) requirements.
- Identify and maximize tools to obtain the data need to support financial analyses and create financial transactions.
- Prepare and review complex documentation to support internal and external audits. You may also interact with our internal auditors.
- Prepare components of overall business and financial plans, budgets, and forecasts for the organization.
- Lead projects with complex business, financial, and regulatory impacts, such as business reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, and new accounting standards. Prepare complex analyses related to such projects.
- Apply basic accounting and financial concepts and controls to develop, implement, and/or enhancement of our financial systems and processes.
- 3 years of related work experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Professional designations (e.g. CPA, CMA, AIAF) or comparable advanced professional education.
- 4 or more years of related work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting theory and practice, leadership skills, and project management skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.