Rating System Specialist
As a Rating System Specialist, you will develop and maintain business systems, standards, and procedures to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and consistency in policy premium rating. Also, you will assist in the development of actuarial analysis, reporting, and rate filings. This is not an actuarial exam taking position.
- Develops and maintains policy rating systems and plans.
- Monitors and verifies accuracy of automated policy rating applications.
- Recommends and initiates enhancements to increase efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness.
- Serves as an expert resource to internal and external parties on rating systems and plans.
- Creates, updates, and validates reports and assists in the actuarial analysis of data for management, ratemaking, and reserving purposes.
- Prepares rate manual pages, exhibits, state forms, and responses to external parties such as state insurance departments and rating bureaus.
- Monitors and tests accuracy of data policy rating applications.
- Develops, demonstrates, and maintains advanced knowledge of premium databases and software systems.
- Four year degree in business, accounting, mathematics, or computer science or equivalent experience.
- Mathematical competence and the ability to understand and utilize computer programming languages.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel.