Claims Adjuster - Entry Level - Overland Park, KS
Customer-focused, source of knowledge and comfort, desire to help, professional – Does that sound like you? We are seeking someone who possesses those skills to assist our clients through the claims process and to help them return to normalcy after a loss.
No previous insurance or claims experience needed!
Federated provides an exceptional training program to teach you the fundamentals of claims and will prepare you to assist clients.
- Work with policyholders, physicians, attorneys, contractors and others to ensure claims are resolved in a prompt, fair and courteous way.
- Explain policy coverage to policyholders and third parties.
- Complete thorough investigations and document facts relating to claims.
- Determine the value of damaged items or accurately pay medical and wage loss benefits.
- Negotiate settlements with policyholders and third parties.
- Resolve claims, which may include paying, settling, or denying claims, defending policyholders in court, compromising or recovering outstanding dollars.
- A four year degree in a business-related field
- Experience in a customer service role in industries such as retail, hospitality, logistics, banking, automotive dealerships, vehicle rental, sales or similar fields
- Ability to make confident decisions based on available information
- Strong analytical, computer, and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership experience is a plus