CorVel is hiring a Scheduling Coordinator who is highly organized, deadline driven and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This position is responsible for scheduling and coordinating appointments and ancillary services with clients, providers, physicians and examiners. In addition, the ability to communicate clearly and confidently with physicians, their staff, attorneys and claims adjusters is critical to the success of this role.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules and confirms appointment dates and times with physicians' offices.
- Communicates with adjusters and customers regarding physician CV's, appointment scheduling, changes, no shows/cancellations, and receipt of medical records including images.
- Coordinates with the client to obtain required medical records prior to examination.
- Gather and create timely chart preparation by ensuring all records required are included, creates a cover letter detailing specific client questions, issues, and service requests.
- Prepares and sends exam notification letters daily.
- Responsible to submit invoicing and/or issue to accounting and IME/Peer reporting for charges incurred.
- Coordinates ancillary services such as transportation and translation, when needed.
- Answer incoming calls and emails handle inquiries appropriately in a prompt, friendly and professional manner.
- Process and maintain spreadsheets for provider payments utilizing CorVel internal programs.
- Organizes and maintains document storage and record keeping in reporting system.
- Follows strict state guidelines regarding forms and timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Unit Manager.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills that include comfort in interactions with all levels of staff and individuals inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to work on several concurrent tasks, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines with minimal direction.
- Exceptional decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Elevated verbal and written skills in order to communicate effectively and obtain correct information from physician offices, adjusters, account managers, attorneys and injured workers.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, demonstrate, and promote a positive team oriented.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in administrative support roles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience in a medical office preferred.