1 day left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced, business-focused Associate Counsel to join our Legal and Compliance team. Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, this attorney will provide legal advice on a variety of insurance and corporate issues.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, Juris Doctorate and admitted to a state bar.
- 5+ years in an insurance company, preferably property/casualty, or law-firm in an insurance-related practice. Claims and coverage experience is relevant.
Essential Skills and Duties:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, think critically, and maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Drafting policy wordings, endorsements and other policy-related documents, and supporting the underwriters across all lines of business written by CapSpecialty.
- Responding to day-to-day manuscript endorsement requests from underwriters in all of CapSpecialty's offices and across all lines of business
- Acting as the legal representative on long-term wordings projects, including all new business insurance policy wordings, forms, endorsements, notices and policy-related documents drafting and review.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements.
- Researching, analyzing and advising business units and corporate functions on applicable laws and regulations.
- Working with key business stakeholders across CapSpecialty on key projects and initiatives to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Analyzing and preparing corporate and regulatory filings.
- Staying abreast of legal and regulatory developments relevant to CapSpecialty's products and services.
- Drafting corporate policies, procedures and training materials.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer