Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryCredit research analysts play an active role in evaluating new and existing fixed income securities, sectors and asset classes. The Fixed Income Investment Analyst is an integral part of the credit research team responsible for Travelers' corporate credit portfolios (investment grade and high yield). The Investment Analyst is charged with making trade recommendations and monitoring credits based on fundamental credit, quantitative, and relative value analysis of assigned credits. The analyst serves as a sector expert for the portfolio management and credit research team in assigned asset classes and industries.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
- Gathering, reading and distilling data and information from a wide range of sources (e.g., prospectuses, financial statements, third-party research, periodicals) pertinent to evaluating the creditworthiness of assigned companies
- Developing expertise in select corporate industries to provide updates and insights to the credit committee
- Collaborating with junior analysts to produce investment recommendations
- Generating and presenting proprietary credit research on companies and industries
- Monitoring and sharing news and external research pertinent to existing and potential securities holdings
- Building spreadsheets and utilizing analytics software and databases (e.g. Bloomberg) for credit and industry analysis, surveillance and portfolio reporting
- Engaging with issuer representatives and third-party analysts at in-person or telephonic meetings and webcasts
- Identifying and developing process improvements related to a wide range of fixed income investing functions
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 2 - 5 years work experience
Preferred Education, Work Experience and Knowledge
- 3 years in credit related work experience
Preferred License and Certifications
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.