Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThis position will be responsible for supporting the Ab Initio and Talend platforms, including: infrastructure planning, upgrades, scaling, and user management and platform integration with many diverse sources. The Sr Technology Engineer will work both proactively and responsively to insure business application platforms are highly available and performing within agreed on service levels. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job is a team lead.
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Leverage work using Agile delivery methodologies with product management or product owner experience.
Work collaboratively with both on shore and off shore team members.
Manage moderately complex efforts that require extensive integration and collaboration across functional units of the enterprise, and navigate across diverse teams and skill sets.
Plan, schedule and document upgrades, patches and maintenance to the Enterprise system within the bounds of existing change processes.
Responsible for triaging, diagnosing, and escalation of issues/inquiries to vendors arising during platform engineering and daily operational activities.
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for establishing and managing to established quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions.
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
- Three years of experience in Technology required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Five years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Experience providing technical direction to project teams preferred.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills:
- ETL platform tools and techniques such as Talend and Ab Initio
- Operating Systems: RHEL, Windows, Linux, Unix
- Scripting: SQL, Python, PowerShell ISE, Jason, Shell Scripts
- DevOps/CICD Tools: GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus
- Foundational IT Infrastructure
- Knowledge of process discipline and IDLC methodology
??Has conceptual knowledge of varying technologies (ETL, SQL, database, Hadoop, oracle, DB2, MySQL, MongoDB)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.