Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder moderate supervision, creates and executes external communications plans to ensure the successful promotion of key Business Insurance initiatives and protection of Travelers' reputation. Acts as a member of the initiative and/or project team to help shape and deliver messages to external audiences. This job requires direct contact with the media.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and execute moderately complex external communications programs that align with key business priorities.
- Partner with business initiative team and related staff to drive the development and implementation of external communications objectives, strategy, and content for a variety of external audiences.
- Partner with business area/initiative subject matter experts to develop content for external strategic communications.
- Counsels project team on external communications approach and editorial matters; recommends changes.
- Utilize communications expertise to ensure successful implementation of external communications.
- Coordinate communications delivery for assigned external audiences, partnering with communications team.
- Utilize creative solutions beyond traditional media relations for maximum effectiveness and reach of external communications.
- Adhere to enterprise approval processes, templates and brand guidelines in the development of external communications materials.
- Integrate key strategic business messages into initiative and project communications.
- May mentor/train others on the development of communications materials and communications.
- Contribute to measuring the effectiveness of external communications through qualitative and quantitative methods. May recommend changes.
- Bachelor's degree in in English, journalism, PR, communications or writing or minimum of 2 years of related communications experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Typically 3-5 years of experience in communications or a related field.
- General knowledge of contemporary communications techniques.
- General knowledge understanding of appropriate methods and techniques for communicating with multiple audiences.
- General Knowledge: Possesses sufficient knowledge to perform most work in normal situations).
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Intermediate presentation skills.
- Intermediate project management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, within tight timeframes.
- Intermediate writing and editing skills.
- Intermediate problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team (on team assignments).
- Basic ability to think strategically.
- Developing enterprise perspective and understanding of how initiatives fit into the organization.
- Intermediate skill/competency level: demonstrates solid knowledge and ability; can apply the competency with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations. Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.