Property Claims Support Representative
Donegal Insurance Group is a regional property-casualty insurance company doing business in 24 states, headquartered in Marietta, PA, with 5 regional offices located in Athens, GA, Le Mars, IA, Grand Rapids, MI, Albuquerque, NM and Glen Allen, VA.
Donegal offers a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products sold exclusively through our network of independent agents. We are committed to the independent agency system and proud of the company's heritage, which spans over 130 years. Donegal's strong financial foundation and successful operating strategies have earned the company a rating of 'A' (Excellent) by the A.M. Best Company, the nation's leading insurance rating organization.
The Property Claims Support Representative is responsible for providing service to our customers in the property claim handling process. The successful candidate will need to develop skills necessary to properly evaluate the value of contents and the accurate assignment of claims, ensuring high-quality customer service and achieving company stability and profitability.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review new loss reports for assignment purposes
- Based on established criteria, assign losses directly to a claim representative while monitoring and maintaining adjuster workload balances.
- Tracking and Communicating Adjuster workload on a daily and monthly basis.
- Working closely with customers and claim representatives to research and establish value of content inventory list for current losses
- Use of company systems (Xactimate and Xactanalysis) to generate content estimates and distribution of monthly reports supporting the Property group operations.
- All other support function duties as assigned to include involvement in projects, subrogation, and salvage tracking, etc.
- Effectively evaluate information and accurately determine if discrepancies exist with the provided information
- Efficiently research and resolve any discrepancies so that the business process can be completed in a timely fashion
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in customer service, retail or an administrative role
Donegal Insurance Group offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time, permanent positions. Learn more about our benefit offerings by visiting our Benefits page.