Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities.
The key areas of accountability include to the following:
1. Support the build out of new AWS Cloud services as well as assist our customers with consuming these services.
2. Serve as a technical lead for designing and implementing AWS Cloud services. Providing design consulting with both AWS and Travelers engineers.
3. Work with business units to understand requirements and bring back to the core team for planning and execution through an Agile methodology.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate, Design, test and implement AWS Cloud services
- systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for establishing and managing to established quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Develop and implement policies for the use of AWS cloud services
- Managing requests for new technology while establishing a secure cloud environment.
- Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions.
- Ensuring there is a thoughtful design resulting in availability of services
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
- Three years of experience in Technology required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Five years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Experience with AWS Public Cloud preferred.
- Experience working with Programming Languages such as Python, Golang
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Cloud Security
- Experience providing technical direction to project teams preferred.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills:
- Foundational IT Infrastructure
- Understanding of AWS Public Cloud
- Programing Language
- Software Development
- Knowledge of process discipline and IDLC methodology
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.