Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryWe are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to work closely with the business and technology partners to define, develop, test and implement production analytical processes. In this role you will:
* perform Data Acquisition, Preparation and Exploration.
* explore new data sources and work with business partners to determine how to extract the value of the data.
* be running pilots and proofs of concept working iteratively with colleagues to refine.
* need to incorporate core data management competencies
* data governance, data security, data quality.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with prior business intelligence experience in the insurance industry to work on our new Small Business product offering and work on projects within the UK as well as the US and Canada.
We aim to offer an inclusive and flexible approach to how and when you work, as well as good work-life benefits. We are happy to discuss all types of flexible working with you, when you join us for your interview. While we may not be able to accommodate exactly what you want, we are always open to having the conversation.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised - these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making this a great place to work. The following key activities form a core part of your role;
- Data Analysis, Acquisition, Preparation, and Exploration:
- Independently perform Data Acquisition, Preparation and Exploration: reviews, prepares, basic design, and integrates data. Able to correct minor problems and implements data cleansing/quality solutions.
- Apply moderate and develops basic data derivations, business transformation rules, and data requirements.
- Present simple data visualisations to help support data exploration as needed.
- Data Solutions & Analytic Implementations:
- Operationalise and automate well defined simple data products independently.
- Build, test, and implement simple analytic processes, including pilots and proof of concept.
- Assist in training business users on data products/analytic environment. Delivers basic training.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects.
- Work closely with technology partners to define and review design, development, testing and implementation of production processes.
- Data Culture:
- Continue to develop insurance and business intelligence knowledge while learning how work assignments address business issues.
- Understand Travelers standards, processes, and environmental landscape.
- Incorporate core data management competencies - data governance, data security, data quality.
- Share knowledge with peer users on data or analytic products.
To be successful you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model and behave in a way that actively supports an inclusive work environment; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
- Some relevant experience with data tools, techniques, and manipulation required.
- Previous Insurance or e-Trading experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- University Degree in STEM related field
- Technical Knowledge:
- Intermediate knowledge of data tools, techniques, and manipulation preferred. Examples (but not limited to):
- Big data and Cloud platforms
- Programming languages - SAS, SQL, Spark, Python, Hive, AWS
- Visualisation platforms: QlikView, Tableau and Qlik Sense
- Previous relevant experience with data tools, techniques, and manipulation preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Able to recognise and analyse business and data issues of intermediate complexity with minimal supervision. Recognise when escalation is necessary.
- Able to leverage previous experience to consider a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely, practical, and cost-effective solution to resolve defects or incidents.
- Relationship Management:
- Ability to foster relationships with peers to achieve objectives. Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to recognise and support team priorities.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Ability to manage time and competing priorities and provide management with accurate and timely status information.
- Able to effectively evaluate and estimate routine tasks with clear precedent.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.