Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryWe are currently recruiting for a Syndicate Operations Associate to join our team based in London on a 12 month fixed term basis. You will be supporting the wider underwriting teams in the execution of their Business Plans by providing efficient operational support. Creating and maintaining documented procedures and adhering to these. Producing and completing operational, regulatory and housekeeping reports, Providing business systems support and contributing to the development of core business systems, Ensuring accurate and timely servicing and supports the debiting of accounts. Assisting credit control with premium collection issues as required. In this role you will support the completion of all operational tasks to deliver a high level of support to Underwriters and other areas of the business.
On a day to day basis you will;
- Complete Front Sheets in preparation for Risk Entry and preparation of Null Decs in advance of offshore entry.
- Assist with the completion of reports for GAAP, RDS, Pre Integrity and Housekeeping, LEMP meetings, BRP meetings. The report need to adhere to statutory and regulatory internal and external reporting deadlines.
- Work towards dummy and actual month end close and aggregate 'Roll Up,' ensuring all signings and aggregate entries are completed. Any issues should be referred to a manager.
- Responsible for ECOPY and external inbox management and triage.
- Support the delivery of training to the Offshore team and support the completion of any updates required for the Standard Operating Procedures. Respond to queries from offshore operations in a timely fashion.
- Produce Debit and Credit Notes, Schedules and Insurance Documents.
- Process endorsements in Underwriting System and Aggregate management System.
- You will need to achieve or exceed agreed timeliness and accuracy service level agreements within the Syndicate as outlined within the European Operation's Service Agreement document.
- As an employee you are expected to act in an ethical manner at all times. You will ensure you understand all compliance and regulatory requirements for your role by completing all necessary training and certifications.
- As an employee we expect your actions and outcomes will at all times meet local regulatory and supervisory approaches to ensure fair treatment of our customers. You will ensure you keep adequate records of all transactions undertaken with customers, brokers and all other parties.
We aim to offer an inclusive and flexible approach to how and when you work, as well as good work-life benefits. We are happy to discuss all types of flexible working with you, when you join us for your interview. While we may not be able to accommodate exactly what you want, we are always open to having the conversation.
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised, these are the values we are passionate about at Travelers Europe. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making this a great place to work.
- Experience in field related to position would be advantageous.
- Strong excel skills (Formulas, pivot tables)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.