Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryTravelers Data Scientists are taking the organization to the next level of intelligence by using advanced statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms. As a Manager & Sr. Data Scientist, you will build sophisticated models that solve important business problems and enhance our customer experience. This may include the use of artificial intelligence techniques to analyze imagery, text, and other unstructured data. You will employ storytelling using data to communicate insights and findings to stakeholders. This role may manage others.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage portions of business or technical projects focused on the design or development of analytical solutions.
- Share expertise with the community through discussions, presentations, or peer reviews
- Set and manage expectations with business partners for small projects, and with limited guidance, identify potential conflicts and build consensus.
- Communicate analysis, insights, and results to team, peers, and business partners, and with guidance, tailor communication to the audience.
- Be a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic talent, onboard new employees and interns, and support recruiting and talent assessment efforts.
- Support various training and skill development initiatives.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Actuarial Science or related analytical STEM field plus three years of experience, or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Actuarial Science or related analytical STEM field plus zero years of experience, or any suitable and equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Heavy concentration in mathematics, including statistics and programming, business intelligence/analytics, as well as data science tools and research using large data sets. Additional verification of specific coursework will be required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Masters in STEM related field or equivalent
- 5 years of related experience
- Advanced working knowledge of modeling/research/ analytics or actuarial required
- Strong grasp of value creation and business model concepts
- Advanced knowledge of multiple statistical software programs
- Ability to develop advanced models and interpret model results
- Application of advanced statistics underlying data models
- Ability to develop emerging statistical procedures to work
- Advanced knowledge in 2-3 of the following: Regression, Classification, Machine Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning and Statistical modeling.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.