Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummarySenior Paralegal - Corporate and Governance: Provides assistance to attorneys and senior management as part of a team of governance professionals responsible for governance, general corporate and public company reporting matters. Serves as a 'go-to' resource for corporate legal attorneys as well as members of the board of directors, senior management team and executives in various areas of the company, including finance, accounting, tax, compliance, human resources and investor relations.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain corporate governance records.
- Prepare corporate organizational and operational documents in support of over 80 domestic subsidiaries; prepare and file annual reports and documents relating to on-going activities of company subsidiaries; maintain minute books and corporate records.
- Prepare board of director and committee meeting materials, resolutions, minutes, written consents, officer's certificates and other corporate documents as requested.
- Manage preparation of the company's proxy statement, including compilation of critical information from key stakeholders and coordination with outside vendors such as the company's transfer agent, proxy statement design firm and financial printer and partner with investor relations/corporate communications in connection with distribution of annual meeting materials.
- Prepare and file Section 16 reports on behalf of directors and members of executive management.
- Assist with planning and execution of quarterly Board of Directors meetings, including coordination of logistical aspects, assisting with preparation and distribution of board and committee meeting materials and managing information in board portal.
- Assist with planning and execution of Annual Shareholders Meeting, including coordination of shareholder engagement and logistical aspects.
- Prepare director and officer questionnaires, maintain records of director and officer affiliations and assist with information gathering and analysis of related party transactions and director independence determinations.
- Participate in legal research and other projects as requested.
- Associates degree required.
- Minimum 7 years experience as a Paralegal or Legal Assistant required.
- Paralegal Certificate from An ABA-Certified program required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- Experience as corporate paralegal in a law firm or corporate legal department preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Superior grammar and writing skills.
- Experience with, and working knowledge of, public company governance, shareholder support, Section 16 reporting obligations, and other SEC rules and obligations.
- Ability to operate with a high degree of independence and discretion, including on highly sensitive and business-critical matters.
- Excellent organization and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Self-motivated, resourceful, adaptable, decisive, capable of working independently and autonomously, as well as in a team, and possessing mature, independent judgment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands from senior executives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.