Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe Web Access Management (WAM) Security Engineering team within Infrastructure & Cloud Services at Travelers has an exciting opportunity for a technical SME who will lead solutions discovery activities, solution design and implementation of test-driven approach in software development projects, automation, software engineering support for existing COTS and proprietary software applications, Linux and Windows administration-level activities as well as SQL database and LDAP-based programming and directory support. The position requires close collaboration with software engineers and programmers on the WAM team as well as across the Company. Successful candidate will demonstrate ability to think and solution as a highly experienced programmer and software engineer, providing thought leadership and practical guidance on project level work, as well as currency and strategic infrastructure initiatives.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops tactics and operational plans in alignment with strategic objectives for assigned technologies and projects.
- Drives the execution of departmental and corporate programs.
- Leverages infrastructure technology to develop and/or redesign technology solutions.
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Seen as a technical expert within service delivery organization (SDO) and consults across SDOs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, plus five years of experience in Technology required;
- Alternatively, a Master's degree in CS or a related field and three years of work experience in Technology
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Eight+ years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- 8+ years' experience with common languages and frameworks such as .NET, Java, React, Angular, Python & Node.js for full stack development.
- Master level experience with both Java and .Net is preferred.
- Experience as a superuser with scripting for Linux and Windows.
- Experience working with WAM fundamental concepts including authentication, authorization, single sign-on, federation.
- Experience with test-driven software development
- Experience with software management solutions like GitHub and Subversion.
- Experience with delivery systems like Puppet, Jenkins, UDC.
- Experience with WAM solution products is preferred.
- Experience with WAM authentication & authorization protocols is preferred.
- Experience with private and public cloud development (AWS, Cloud Foundry etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with Agile methodology is preferred.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequency)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.