Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryThe Quote Specialist is accountable for quoting and issuing Small Business policies within a high-volume environment. The incumbent must demonstrate a solid understanding of Specialty Insurance, Commercial Property, Casualty, Small Business and Professional Lines lines insurance products, services, and processes. This role will be communicating directly with Brokers in order to complete a quote or transaction. Working in both a team environment and individually, the role is responsible for achieving defined service level agreements and targets while maintaining underlying underwriting quality.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify/gather/manage relevant account information to quote and bind policies.
- Qualification and classification of Small Business submissions.
- Provide account support as outlined in position specific requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise for a variety of policy processing and underwriting opportunities.
- Accurately issue quotes and new policies for lines of business as outlined in job specific requirements.
- Identify / gather / interpret relevant account data: i.e. Risk Control inspections, Insurance to Value, Statement of Values (SOV), Claim History, Description of Operations.
- Participate in projects / assignments as needed to support administrative tasks.
- Acquire information for regulatory compliance: i.e., proof of insurance, certificates.
- Respond to inquiries and questions from Brokers and Internal Departments.
- Communicate directly with Brokers to obtain missing information, complete a transaction, or follow-up on quotes to drive increased hit ratios.
- High School diploma
- 3 years experience in insurance industry or University Degree/College Diploma in Insurance, Finance, or related degree.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- University or College Diploma preferred.
- Sales experience is an asset
- Business acumen.
- Basic underwriting skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft software, web-enabled applications and database software, Adobe Acrobat and Internet Explorer.
Licensing or Certificates
- Industry designation or working towards one.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Self- Motivated, takes initiative and is flexible.
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Advanced keyboard/input/typing skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and ability to multi task.
Hours of Work:
- 11AM to 7PM EST or 9AM to 5PM MDT
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.