Director, Data Science Product Design and Modeling
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Product Design and Modeling organization within Global Retail Markets is hiring an individual contributor for its Complex Components group. Vehicle pricing is a challenging area where industry sophistication lags creating an opportunity for us to differentiate ourselves from top competitors. We are focusing research here to capitalize on this opportunity both in the near term and long term. Our team exists to help GRM sift through those opportunities for US PL, US BL, and in our East and West regions to find the best opportunities and, in turn, have a meaningful impact on the success of our company. The Individual Contributor role will be part of the Special Projects team within Complex Components reporting to the Special Projects manager.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with highly talented professionals to develop creative solutions to complex problems, be comfortable with modeling and coding, and have an appreciation of what makes sense from a business standpoint. Solid technical and project management skills are critical to the role, and the individual we hire will work very closely with their team and other partners as we work to support our existing products and test and implement new ideas.
- Lead or support product-related advanced modeling and pricing projects
- Research for additional sources of information to enrich existing models
- Provide thought leadership and data-driven recommendations to inform product design decisions in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Establish project plans, ensure quality deliverables within agreed upon timeframes, communicate results and make recommendations to address issues
- Research and implement improvements to pricing methodology and workflows
- Collaborate with analytical peers and counterparts to stay on top of business trends and analytical best practice
- Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of an FCAS or Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science or related field.
- Strong background in Statistical Learning. Must be familiar with the use of statistical modeling software (SAS, R, Emblem, RADAR, Earnix etc.) with the ability to build models of moderate complexity
- Ability to exercise discretion, and apply independent judgment and well-developed critical thinking skills in management of assignments and projects.
- Aptitude for effective, innovative problem solving within and across functional groups
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely to technical and business leaders, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization