Senior Analyst, Product Research
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Product Design & Experience (PDX) team within Global Retail Management (GRM) Product Management is seeking a talented, motivated individual to join our highly visible group that focuses on driving research and innovation to reinvent our core product offerings for today and the future. This mission involves partnering with cross-functional groups to improve customer experience and business results, enhance existing offerings, and create new core products. This role focuses on driving actionable insights in the business for both Personal Lines & Safeco brands. Analysts should anticipate exposure to a diverse portfolio of projects of varying size and complexity. This role will afford a high degree of autonomy in shaping our product experience and tangibly influencing company success in hitting our growth and profitability goals. This role involves significant collaboration with partners within Product and other departments such as IT, Marketing and Distribution channels. This role focuses on driving actionable insights in support of efforts to deploy computer vision machine learning models and aerial imagery technology to our property product. Analysts should anticipate exposure to a wide array of stakeholders, including partners within Product, IT, Claims, and Distribution. This role will afford the opportunity to shape the future of our property product and tangibly impact success by driving enhancements to market.
**This is ranged posting for an Analyst - Senior Analyst. Position offered will be at manager discretion based on skills and experience.**
Some recent examples of projects on the team include:
- Research and development of product features and new products to reach under-penetrated market segments
- Design and launch new coverages to generate growth
- Identification of product opportunities to enhance our core offerings
With increasing experience, this team member will also take on management of project work-streams and/or projects of increasing scope.
We are looking for a candidate that:
- Is analytical and can develop thoughtful, data-driven recommendations
- Is a creative problem solver who thrives in ambiguity
- Is self-driven, had superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks
- Is very collaborative and can deliver a concise message on a complex topic
- Leads own work-streams on medium to long-term or moderate to high complexity projects in support of computer vision machine learning model deployment to market.
- Conducts competitive intelligence and understands market trends for a product line Monitors and interprets developments.
- Conducts moderate to high complexity analysis under general direction.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics.
- Performs the underlying analysis on projects important to the SBU.
- Builds simple tools and queries for others to use.
- Provides recommendations on the appropriate tools and techniques to perform analysis.
- May manage aspects of low to moderate complexity projects including members within and outside team.
- Serves as ad hoc resource for less experienced analysts. Occasionally mentors' others as requested.
- Sets up and runs advanced loss and demand models with limited support from experienced analysts.
- May, with limited supervision, conduct analysis to evaluate and implement vendor products. May interacts with vendors as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, economics, statistics, or other quantitative field.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience, typically 4 years.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, Emblem).
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills.