Assistant Director, Portfolio Risk Management
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Liberty Mutual Surety™ is currently seeking a Consultant or Assistant Director to join our Portfolio Risk Management (PRM) team. This group is responsible for designing systems and processes to better identify and manage the risk to the Contract Surety portfolio as well as developing industry-leading value-added services for Surety clients.
Liberty Mutual Surety, a business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance, is the #1 Surety in the United States and the largest globally. Conducting business worldwide through fronting relationships and Liberty-owned subsidiaries, we provide bonds in over 60 countries for construction firms, manufacturers and suppliers, and commercial enterprises on an account and transactional basis. We are committed to building mutually profitable relationships by providing smart business solutions, ease of doing business, and consistent, responsive service. Liberty Mutual Surety is dedicated to the communities we serve and highly values a diverse workforce in more than 16 countries.
The focus of this position will be on leading initiatives that utilize macroeconomic data as well as managing the suite of value-added services geared towards surety agents, brokers, and accounts.
- Manage periodic updates of a suite of macroeconomic insights targeted for surety producers.
- Direct analysts in managing the process of running and distributing financial benchmarking reports for our customers (producers as well as underwriters)
- Manage the quarterly Contract Premium analysis process and share results across multiple stakeholder groups in Surety.
- Lead research in market trends and manage efforts to evaluate impact of industry shocks (e.g. COVID-19) on Surety and the Contract portfolio
- Lead efforts to identify additional opportunities and propose changes to enhance our position as Trusted Advisor by leveraging value-added services. Analyze market trends and suggest tactical and strategic recommendations.
- Work closely with field and home office underwriters as well as functions across Surety to understand their information needs and deliver high-quality actionable insights.
- Perform surety market research and analysis and provide summaries of industry and competitive information to Product leadership, Chief Underwriting Officer, Chief Credit Officer and other Sr. leadership.
- Create and/or be owner of training material content, including formal training sessions and modules. Actively share job knowledge with analysts. May be assigned to mentor a new hire. May supervise interns.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years, typically 8, of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency with Excel, and PowerPoint required. Proficiency in Power BI strongly preferred.
- Must have good organizational, decision-making and communication skills. Excellent analytic, quantitative and problem-solving skills with proven ability to collaborate with and influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely to senior leadership.
- Strong planning skills and attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment managing multiple priorities. Experience managing projects preferred.
- Knowledge of surety product offerings, business processes, underwriting rules, and databases would be beneficial.