Auto Claims Adjuster - Glass & Tow
As a licensed claims adjuster, under moderate supervision, triages, reviews, analyzes escalated vendor complaints, agents' escalations, as well as glass and tow complaints from the Department of Insurance and Better Business Bureau. May execute one-touch resolution of low-complexity complaints. Demonstrates strong understanding of glass and tow claims complaint handling best practices and processes/procedures. Ensures key stakeholders are notified of resolution and appropriate file documentation takes place. As part of the resolution cycle, ensures customers concerns are resolved and accurate records are kept in complaint platform. Serves as an advocate for both the customer as well as Liberty Mutual/Safeco.
This role is a steppingstone into your claims career. With ample growth opportunities, you are in-charge of your future.
Bring your unique talents to our Fortune 100 company and receive paid training and licensing.
- Examines all aspects of glass and tow claims files and vendor complaints to determine compliance with handling standards and procedures, including coverage of loss and explanation of loss to customer. May execute one-touch resolution with supervision from Team Manager. Triages exceptions, ensuring appropriate complaint handling.
- Coordinates management of escalated complaints with appropriate vendors with minimal assistance from team manager. When appropriate determines policy coverage through analyzing investigation data and policy terms and notifies policy holders, agents and other interested parties of claim file decisions.
- Uploads responses from vendors and ensures file accuracy in accordance with standard work requirements and CCT guidelines.
- Manages extensive case load with changing priorities with minimal supervision to ensure customer concerns are addressed in a timely manner and customer expectations are exceeded. Communicates complex situations to customers and other interested parties in clarity and confidence.
- Proactively identifies customer complaint trends and brings continuous improvement ideas to the manager's attention to target trends.
- Conducts complex research and investigates claim damages and situations using internal and external resources with some guidance. Investigation steps include speaking with the insured or other involved parties, requesting and receiving reports, engaging vendors for services and pricing. Accurate identification and recording of key complaint data to enable root cause problem solving as well as ensure data integrity for internal and external reporting.
- Acts as back-up for the TM, assisting junior team members with escalations and monitors appropriate CCT mailboxes to ensure timely handling of all rotation tasks.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for other team members. Mentors new hires on standard processes and best practices.
- Ownership of fill lifecycle of complaint to ensure resolution and satisfaction by customer.
- Special assignments or projects as assigned.
- General knowledge of contract language, including regulatory and policy differences, legal liability and general insurance policy coverage.
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, and the capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment, are required
- Strong working knowledge and ability to utilize multiple systems to handle/process complaints and general understanding of overall insurance operations and key stakeholders.
- Ability to identify potential risks, customer pain points and process improvements and to recognize questionable situations which necessitate further review.
- Associates degree or equivalent training plus generally two or more year's auto non-injury claims handling experience
- Customer Service experience required
- Licensing as required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.