Claims Specialist, Commercial Insurance
Are you looking for a fun, dynamic and challenging role that provides flexibility and opportunity for advancement? Liberty Mutual is offering an opportunity to work in our Commercial Insurance Claims Unit in our Plano, TX office.
As a Claims Adjuster you'll manage moderately complex first-party and third-party auto bodily injury claims. You will ensure customer needs are met while handling the claim by reviewing coverage, investigating, determining liability, adjusting reserves, evaluating value, crafting our defense and/or negotiating a settlement. We are looking for individuals with strong communication, negotiation, and customer service skills to interact with drivers, claimants, attorneys, and legal partners, as well as our customers. We provide comprehensive training, along with ongoing on the job coaching and development.
Please note this is a range posting open to be filled as a Claims Specialist I or Claims Specialist II, depending on candidate experience. The preferred location is Plano, TX, but we are open to consider remote for a highly qualified candidate. The salary is $54,100 to $100,600, depending on candidate experience and the job level.
- Plans and conducts investigations of claims (including such activities as interviewing insureds, witnesses and claimants, collecting and evaluating appropriate documentation and securing evidence and protecting the chain-of-custody) to analyze and confirm coverage and to determine liability, compensability and damages; determines need for, and engages independent adjusters, cause and origin experts and independent medical examiners. Refers to claim to subrogation group or Special Investigations Unit as appropriate.
- Assesses policy coverage for submitted claims and notifies the insured of any issues; determines and establishes reserve requirements, adjusting reserves, as necessary, during the processing of the claim.
- Assesses actual damages associated with claims and conducts negotiations, within assigned authority limits, to settle claims.
- Coordinates the litigation activities associated with assigned claims to ensure a timely and cost-effective resolution; attends trials as a representative of the company when appropriate.
- May participate in conducting Suit Committees, Roundtables, Arbitrations, Mediations, and field investigations.
- Will be prepared to present claim reviews and updates to customer as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' and/or advanced degree.
- 2+ years claims/legal experience; or in a related field.
- Bodily Injury and/or Litigation experience strongly desired.
- Functional knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices and techniques, to include but not limited to coverage issues, and product line knowledge.
- Functional knowledge of law and insurance regulations in various jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, decision making and negotiation skills.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
A little about us
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.