Director, Internal Audit
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
At Allstate, youll have the opportunity to apply and expand your skills in ways you never thought possible. We are an industry leading internal audit team leveraging best in class audit practices. We are looking for candidates that can bring skills necessary to support our companys transformation strategy, including a digital mindset, the importance of customer experience and an appreciation for the use of data analytics. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Internal Audit (Allstate IA) team members provide analysis, appraisals, and recommendations to the Audit Committee, senior executives, and leadership teams on whether important operational risks are being properly mitigated. Our team applies their knowledge, insights, leading-edge analytics, and objectivity to help the organization by evaluating the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations, technology, and risk management processes.
We are seeking someone with creativity, enthusiasm, a great attitude and who wants to invest and learn the different aspects of our businesses. We apply a risk-based approach to audit projects that are strategic and operational in nature. The candidate will oversee the development of audit planning, audit programs and have full accountability for the lifecycle of a portfolio of audits and department strategies.
Our audits cover all aspects of the business, including a variety of disciplines such as distribution, customer service, product operations, claims, investments, compliance, human resources, technology, and finance. Additionally, we collaborate with risk management functions, external audit and outside firms providing specialized expertise to conduct work on behalf of Allstate. This provides an opportunity to gain experience and learn the various areas of Allstate.
The candidate will also play a key role in developing the managers of tomorrow during each engagement through coaching and delegation to ensure the project follows department guidelines and professional standards. In addition to having responsibility for planning and maintaining the audit plan for an assigned organizational area, Directors build client relationships, gather internal/external risk insights, conduct risk based limited reviews, audits and consulting engagements, hire, develop and retain a competent audit team, actively contribute to Allstate and Internal Audit strategic initiatives, and participate as an engaged member of the Internal Audit senior leadership team.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of the audit plan
- Accountable for a thoughtful and thorough assessment of risks and controls for business areas
- Responsible for aggregation and effective communication of audit plan results
- Exhibit thought leadership on risks, internal controls and continuous improvement
- Lead and implement strategic initiatives
- Leverage diverse backgrounds and skillsets to maximize effectiveness
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations
- Remain actively engaged in the audit profession, both internally and externally
- Manage multiple high-level audits with a focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving audit and strategic goals
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character
- Pursue lifelong learning and personal development
- Must have a minimum of 12+ years business, audit or risk management leadership experience with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility; insurance, service, or technology firm experience a plus
- Experience with risk and control analysis through audit, risk, or process engineering roles
- Executive presence, poise, and confidence
- Strategic, big picture thinker who can demonstrate and effectively communicate complex process concepts
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement and adapt to a range of situations
- Strong appreciation for the importance of an effective digital customer experience within a service organization
- Advanced understanding and application of data analytics
- Demonstrated experience in successfully building relationships at the senior leadership level
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills around complex business issues
- Proven leadership experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility with occasional travel
- Strong knowledge of auditing concepts with relevant experience or strong business knowledge and experience
- College degree or University degree required; Masters degree a plus
- CPA, CIA or CISA is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.