Arity-Data Scientist Expert Researcher (Remote-Home Based Worker)
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work herethe dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
Thats because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldnt be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We dont just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.The Team
At Arity, our Data Science team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. Not only do we know how to analyze and find meaning within billions of miles of driving data collected from smartphones, onboard devices and third parties, but we are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. On our team, people get the opportunity to build scalable distributed data pipelines, develop and deploy an array of machine learning algorithms, and create eye-opening data visualizations. We find top talent from various quantitative disciplines to collaborate with product owners, software engineers, and experience designers in development teams to create innovative products that make transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone.The Role
As the Data Scientist Expert Researcher at Arity, you will lead the Data Science Research team, a focused group within the larger Data Science team, that looks towards the future of telematics to anticipate the needs of our clients in 1-3 years. This newly created team is responsible for tackling our toughest data and analytics challenges and prototyping solutions that can be brought to market by our product segments. You will manage this portfolio of work, build the team, and own its vision and roadmap. Your experience in multiple companies and domains will lend itself to helping our teams improve their technical capabilities. You will consult on DS/ML architecture and patterns to help teams avoid common pitfalls in data science projects. As the senior most technical data scientist within Arity, you will advocate for the needs of data science broadly, lead the entire data scientist discipline by example, and coach and mentor across the team.
- Accountable for the building & evolving the vision, strategy and roadmap of the Data Science Research team and hiring and managing the data scientists / researchers on this team
- Make strong technical contributions to the Data Science Research team as a player-coach by building models, pipelines, or prototypes and reviewing the contributions of others
- Encourage risk taking and innovation while keeping an eye towards business value
- Influence broader organizational and technological change to facilitate easier adoption and integration of data science initiatives
- Lead the Data Scientist Community of Practice bringing together practitioners across the team to drive improvements to current practices and collaborate
- Consult across product teams on DS/ML architecture, patterns and best practices
- Bring in outside viewpoints on how best to do telematics data science via scientific literature, conferences, speakers, and contacts across industries
- Contribute to the broader data science community via technical blogs, white papers and speaking events. Help shape Aritys approach to creating a strong external presence
- Help support our culture of intellectual honesty and openness, passion for what we do, hard work, and personal growth.
- Deep subject matter expertise in data science gained from academic studies as well as significant experience as a top echelon data scientist or researcher at multiple companies
- Strong technical capability to build models, pipelines, prototypes, visualizations and analyses using standard data science tool sets, e.g. Python, R, Spark, C
- Demonstrated capability of building highly complex data science prototypes to prove technical feasibility and demonstrate business value and driving prototypes into production
- Broad knowledge of the landscape of statistical, and machine learning techniques (both traditional and deep learning) and proven ability to navigate it to find the right approach and manage trade-offs
- Strong research capabilities to synthesize the literature and other sources of new ideas, identify potential new avenues of development, and communicate their value to our business
- Passion for technical mentorship across the larger team, and ability to manage a few highly self-sufficient technical contributors
- Solid communication skills to drive adoption of your innovations and better understand the company and its strategy
- Knowledge of telematics, insurance, geospatial, data science on the edge, or other domains specifically relevant to our work is a big plus, but not required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Thats the day-to-day, now lets talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But youll be working forand atArity. Its the best of both worlds. Youll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. Thats more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. Its a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We cant wait to meet you.
The salary range for this level position is $134,800 - $202,000. The salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click"here"for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click"here"for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment