This position is a hybrid role (1-2 days/week in office) and is based in the Chicago area.
The Allstate Innovation team helps drive Allstates future by identifying compelling business opportunities, developing selected opportunities into thriving businesses, and assisting Allstate businesses with meeting their innovation objectives.Allstate Innovation brings together skills in strategy, design, technology, and marketing to create new products and businesses. Innovation Product Management roles deliver appropriate, actionable, and tangible strategies with the result of new, innovative avenues for growth that are grounded in business viability and market desirability, and they subsequently realize those strategies by executing them through all phases of the innovation lifecycle, including research, design, build, test, and go-to-market launch execution.
The Innovation Product Manager, Lead Consultant, plays a crucial role in developing innovative new products and businesses in existing business and new growth areas for Allstate. This role blends skills in design, strategy, and marketing to identify and develop new opportunities. The Innovation Product Manager supports all phases of the product/business development cycle, from idea origination, pursuit (often through development and market testing of a Minimally Viable Product), and commercialization, which typically involves hand-off to another Allstate business or creation of an all-new business. The role requires creative problem solving, rigorous analysis, and collaboration with stakeholders across Allstate and external partners, and it often requires immersion in cutting-edge technologies and exposure to relevant startups.Key Responsibilities
- Evaluate competitive and market trends to identify new areas of opportunity. Contribute to the innovation planning process and roadmaps through identification of relevant industry trends and new technologies.
- Shape business requirements for new products by performing high quality research and data analysis in partnership with analytics or consumer research teams.
- Conduct strategic and financial analysis for new opportunity areas, including calculating total addressable market assessing potential economics of innovation opportunities.
- Analyze and understand key economic/financial drivers to ensure growth and profit objectives can be met.
- Engage in consumer research using a variety of techniques, including qualitative and quantitative methodologies. Synthesize results into critical customer insights.
- Bring clarity to ambiguous business issues using structured, hypothesis-driven problem solving approaches and strategic frameworks, e.g. where Allstate should create a business to capture an undefined whitespace opportunity, how Allstate will differentiate vs. competition, what business levers will create value.
- Identify compelling concepts that address consumer needs in creative ways.
- Interact with internal and external technical experts to develop technical solutions that meet customer needs. Engage with data analytics and engineering experts to identify and develop compelling solutions
- Drive business impact by planning and managing areas within innovation projects through all lifecycle stages (innovation discovery, development, and pre-commercialization), which may extend into commercialization efforts depending on the project.
- Efforts include effective product design, testing/prototyping, and market launch efforts.
- Lead a significant functional area and/or product development deliverable within an overall project scope, overseeing day-to-day operations with internal/external partners and stakeholders and driving efforts on an individual contributor basis.
- Serve as contact with strategic partners and clients.
- Build relationships across Allstate to enable effective implementation of projects.
- Support the creation and delivery of communication materials to drive executive decision-making. Influence project team decisions through clear communication and a professional, collaborative engagement style
- Analyze and evaluate key initiative measures; recommend project changes and enhancements based on results.
- Collaborate effectively in cross-functional project teams, facilitating positive energy/engagement and helping elevate capabilities of others
- Bachelors degree with a differentiated academic track record; advanced degrees, including MBA, from leading institutions preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in product development, marketing, strategy or related areas; at least 2 years of strategy consulting or technology development experience preferred.
- Top-tier generalist able to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar subject areas.
- Strong problem solving and broad business acumen to tackle a wide range of issues in an integrated fashion (e.g. markets, competition, business models, operations, organization).
- Experience in initiating ethnographic and marketing research and testing efforts through internal and external research groups and interpreting results to inform key innovation decisions.
- Experience in working on digital product development programs, ideally in Agile methodology product owner roles.
- Interested in and conversant about technology.
- Ability to lead project teams day-to-day and collaborate productively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to influence through effective client-ready communication and presentation skills; experience planning and facilitating workshop sessions.
- Possess some knowledge of the insurance industry.
The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands, and taking bold steps to serve our customers' evolving needs better. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you'll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good. Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 90years, we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.The Sales Professional opportunity is not an employment opportunity directly with Allstate Insurance Company, but employment as a staff with Allstate Exclusive Agents who are independent contractors. 2021 Allstate Insurance Co.