ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Sales rep)
Dickerson Insurance Services is looking for a seasoned sales professional to support our Sacramento territory. This position has the primary responsibility of developing and maintaining relationships with target-market clients and prospects in the General Agent Sales Department, including all aspects of sales prospecting. In this role, successful candidates need to have exceptional customer service and communication skills to meet prospect and client needs.
Dickerson Employee Benefits was founded more than 50 years ago by Carl Dickerson. From this one-man operation, selling insurance door-to-door, the company has grown to include employee benefits, property and casualty insurance and consulting services among its offerings. Today, the company is a partner firm of Alera Group. Alera Group offers industry expertise in insurance services and wealth management, combined with the ability for partner firms to preserve their company cultures, staffing and business models.
Dickerson Employee Benefits has deep roots in diverse communities of California. The belief that all people should have equal access to affordable health care is still at the core of the business. From its headquarters near historic Dodger stadium, the company provides sales and service support throughout California and the United States.
- Develop and maintain an expert knowledge of industry products and services including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverages.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the competitive, regulatory, and legislative environments relevant to the group health insurance industry.
- Achieve sales goals by performing presentations, enrollments, post-sale service (including renewals, if any) of group health insurance programs tailored to the client's specific needs.
- Document accurately and ensure the completeness of group applications and supporting paperwork required to underwrite group applications.
- Work and consult collaboratively with sales support, underwriting, management, agent/brokers, employer group-contacts, and insurance company representatives.
- Assist other account executives and vice president as needed.
- Education: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience, required. Bachelor's degree, preferred.
- Life Agent license with California Department of Insurance, required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to successfully interact at all company levels while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must be comfortable dealing with all kinds of people and have a desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Effective communication skills to influence, persuade, and facilitate in a fast-paced environment.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.
#PIQBDAOptions Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed