Senior Analyst, Product Research
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Portfolio Management is responsible for managing the overall Business Lines (BL) Product portfolio to ensure support for organizational priorities and investments that efficiently deliver on the BL strategy. As a team, we own processes that enable us to articulate what we're spending, the value delivered for that spend, and pro-actively plan for what we will prioritize next based on value and cost.
The Senior Analyst leads BL Product Portfolio reporting and planning activities based on priorities set by Product Leadership and BL Program Management. They will provide technical and analytical assessments of capacity and forecasting issues facing the organization. This role will also build simple tools & queries for others to use. A Senior Analyst may manage aspects of moderate complexity projects and leads moderately complex projects with cross-functional teams. Presentation skills are expected to be polished as this role presents work to senior leadership. There may occasionally be opportunities to mentor less experienced analysts.
Please note this is a range posting; consideration will be given based on related professional and technical experience.
- Conducts moderate to high complexity analysis under general direction.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics.
- Facilitates process improvement activities
- Builds simple tools and queries for others to use.
- Performs the underlying analysis on projects important to the SBU.
- Provides recommendations on the appropriate tools and techniques to perform analysis.
- Leads own work-streams on medium to long-term or moderate to high complexity projects.
- May manage aspects of low to moderate complexity projects including members within and outside team.
- Serves as ad hoc resource for less experienced analysts.
- Occasionally mentors others as requested.
- May, with limited supervision, conduct analysis to evaluate and implement vendor products.
- May interacts with vendors as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, economics, statistics, or other quantitative field
- Minimum 4 year's relevant work experience, typically 6 years.
- Master's degree beneficial. Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, Emblem).
- Must have strong planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills.
- Experience managing projects preferred.