Scrum Master II
Scrum Master II
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance
Liberty Mutual Surety, a business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance, is the 2nd largest surety in the U.S. and a leading global surety. With underwriting offices in 10 countries and bonds issued throughout the world, we have the ability, experience, and resources to underwrite all types of contractors and corporations for local, regional, national, and multi-national customers.
- Be an Agile evangelist for 1-2 agile squads, support agile principles, recognize anti-Agile processes, remove waste
- Implements consistent Agile process and tools for product management
- Aggregates Agile team objectives and progress and publishes to business and all team members to ensure visibility and transparency
- Removes impediments through provision of appropriate resources, guidance, and escalation
- Collaborates with IT Director, product owner, other scrum masters, and architecture to ensure alignment on strategy and execution
- Facilitates interaction and appropriate communication between Agile teams, architecture and UX
- Ensures adherence to Agile practice through program increment planning, retrospectives, etc. for agile teams
- Ensures successful delivery of large impact and/or cross-functional product initiatives
- Coaches, mentors, and provides guidance to scrum masters and team members
- Ensure metrics are used and communicated for continuous improvement
- Ability to promote psychological safety and collaboration amongst team
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of IT leadership and project/program management with at least 3 years as a Scrum Master
- In-depth knowledge of Agile scaling methodologies as well as Scrum, Kanban, and Scrumban
- Requires ability to manage multiple product initiatives from conception to successful implementation, and ongoing feature enhancements in a cross-functional environment.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff
- In-depth knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation, and consensus building skills
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.