Senior Claims Specialist II- Shared Economy
The Senior Claims Specialist works within a Claims Team, using the latest technology to review, analyze and process claims that are routinely characterized as moderately complex to complex within assigned authority limits. This includes making decisions about liability/compensability, evaluating losses, negotiating settlements and managing an inventory of commercial property/casualty claims involving bodily injury or property loss. The Senior Claims Specialist may also assist the Claims Team Manager with assigning new claims to team members, providing technical direction, and monitoring caseloads.
*This position can be filled as a Senior Claims Specialist I or II, depending on candidate experience.
- Plans and conducts investigations of claims (including such activities as interviewing insureds, witnesses and claimants, collecting and evaluating appropriate documentation and securing evidence and protecting the chain-of-custody) to analyze and confirm coverage and to determine liability, compensability and damages; determines need for, and engages independent adjusters, cause and origin experts and independent medical examiners. Refers to claim to subrogation group or Special Investigations Unit as appropriate.
- Assesses policy coverage for submitted claims and notifies the insured of any issues; determines and establishes reserve requirements, adjusting reserves, as necessary, during the processing of the claim.
- Assesses actual damages associated with claims and conducts negotiations, within assigned authority limits, to settle claims.
- Coordinates the litigation activities associated with assigned claims to ensure a timely and cost-effective resolution; attends trials as a representative of the company.
- Acts as senior technical professional on team, assisting team members with escalated issues. Mentors and trains new team members. Participates in Quality Review process.
- Participates in conducting Suit Committees, Roundtables, Arbitrations, Mediations, field investigations and may assist in conducting closed file reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and negotiate with customers and conduct investigations required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and time management skills to delegate work appropriately and organize resources effectively.
- Demonstrates an expert level knowledge of claims case handling practices, legal liability, general insurance policy coverage, and the state`s tort laws as normally acquired through a bachelor`s degree or equivalent training plus 4 to 6 years directly related work experience (at least two of which should ordinarily be in a team leader capacity).
- Licensing required in some states.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.