The Help Desk Specialist II provides internal and external support to CorVel users and CorVel customers. During a normal help desk request, a Help Desk Specialist II will listen to the details of the issue, pose questions that will narrow down the issue and resolve or escalate the issue as needed. The Help Desk Specialist II must document, track, and monitor issues to ensure a timely resolution. The Help Desk Specialist II must possess excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and telephone etiquette as well as possess above average ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues. Must be decisive, conscientious, and interact well in a team environment. Must have a strong desire to learn and be able to follow policies and procedures. Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of and experience with computer hardware, software, connectivity, and peripheral devices in a diverse environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolve complex tier II, III incidents and requests.
- Work in a fast-paced corporate environment with customers to resolve IT related issues.
- Use remote support software to resolve computer related issues.
- Use ticketing software to input computer related issues, and escalate to other IT Departments as needed.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience in a fast-paced technology driven business environment supporting and interacting with multiple platforms and senior levels of management is needed.
- A Strong working knowledge of enterprise technologies such as networks, Windows (server and desktop) and other technologies that are in use in field operations.
- Strong trouble shooting/problem resolution skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong ability to interact with customers, often under negative circumstances, but have the ability to win them over and communicate technology issues.
- Ability to participate in complex problem solving situations.
- Must have sufficient technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organizations at a peer level as well as convey technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Able to interpret the meaning of information for others; can translate or explain what information means and how it can be used.
- Able to identify information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or IT Certifications (A+, Network+, MTA, MCSA) with at least 5 years of field experience (experience can be used to substitute for degree or certificates). Familiar with a variety of technology concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of IT leadership tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Experience working in a high-volume Call Center, Help Desk, or Customer Service environment required.
- Demonstrated technical competence with Microsoft Technologies.
- Demonstrated business competence with CorVel core applications.
- Experience working as part of a team supporting major IT roll-outs, particularly in a virtual environment.
- Strong oral communication skills. Strong technical writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate with CorVel field users, management, and CorVel IT support.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are necessary.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.