VP Underwriting, New York Construction - Remote
Profitable and growing Property and Casualty Insurance Company is seeking an Underwriting Officer for their Construction Division handling construction risks in New York. Candidates will have responsibility for building this business segment. As the subject matter expert for New York Construction, you will leverage strong wholesale broker relationships and develop a strong presence in the market.
- A minimum of 15 years' experience in the underwriting, marketing, and management of Construction risks
- A minimum of 10 years' experience focusing on NY Construction insurance
- Bachelors Degree is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in strategic planning and analytics
- Successful track record for developing and growing a NY construction book of business
- Strong wholesale broker relationships in the Northeast
- Professional Insurance designations are considered a plus
This position represents a significant career opportunity to build a growing Construction Program with an entrepreneurial company. This is a senior management position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.