Commercial Lines Account Executive
Barkley Risk Management & Insurance, an Alera Group Company is seeking a Commercial Lines Account Executive to join their Property & Casualty team. This position has telecommuting opportunity possibilities.
Barkley Risk Management & Insurance is one of the premier risk management consultants and insurance brokers in California. Founded in 1995, Barkley Insurance has evolved into the industry leader as measured by its client retention, quality and integrity of staff, community involvement, carrier relations, and relations in the marketplace. We build relationships that go beyond the transactional level to develop an ideal workplace for our clients and their employees. By designing intelligent coverage structures, employee benefits, safety training, cultural development and proprietary programs we create the ideal risk management strategies for businesses throughout California. We've been nominated as one of the Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times multiple times and recently won 4th place out of 100 in 2018.
As an Account Executive, your primary responsibility is to serve as the day-to-day expert on a mixed book of commercial, surety, and personal lines business and be the primary point of contact for clients. The Account Manager will assist in preparing and negotiating renewal documents, maintaining client databases, records management, project-specific assignments, and other responsibilities supporting the client. In this position, successful candidates need to maintain a positive attitude and provide a high level of support in obtaining, maintaining, expanding and servicing our commercial lines clients.Responsibilities
- Must be local to California
- Participate in monthly renewal meetings with Producer to determine marketing strategy as defined in the Commercial Lines Renewal Timeline.
- Facilitate renewal timeline process (Renewal Prep, Go to Market, Proposal & Bind, Policy Check & Delivery).
- Provide strong technical support to Producer.
- Accompany Producer on client/prospect meetings as requested.
- Review quotations & proposals.
- Recommend appropriate coverage in coordination with Producer.
- Facilitate applications in coordination with Producer for marketing of new/renewal business. Include written communication/documentation as to status of presentation & bind order, as needed.
- Process endorsements & policies timely and accurately.
- Prepare Renewal Update Overview and Proposals for presentation according to agency procedures & Producer request.
- Assist clients with tendering Property and Casualty claims through Barkley's internal P&C claims liaison.
- Maintain client management system file to include current application per attachments, activities & ongoing policy changes throughout policy year.
- Cognitive of Marketing Trends. Develop, cultivate, facilitate & maintain carrier relationships based on production requirements.
- Attend educational programs that will enhance the breadth of the scope of the department.
- Ensure that the company's management principles, policies & procedures are consistently applied.
- Ensure optimum performance of the function. Recommend & implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, and cut costs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Professional designation preferred (CIC, CPCU, etc.).
- Active Property & Casualty Insurance license REQUIRED.
- Industry experience of 3-5 years.
- Ability to work independently of Producer and able to take the lead on all elements of client servicing.
- Advanced knowledge of insurance rating, underwriting procedures, and markets.
- Proficient with client management systems and 3rd party outsourcing companies, such as Applied EPIC, Salesforce, Zoho, PATA and ReSourse Pro.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.
#PIQBDAOptions Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed