Commercial Insurance Marketing Specialist
Lighthouse, an Alera Group Company is seeking a Marketing Specialist in their Property & Casualty Commercial Lines department.
As an Commercial Lines Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for the profitable and ethical delivery of innovative risk management solutions for Lighthouse Group's prospective clients. This successful candidate will be an independent, detail‐oriented, self‐starter who is able to develop strong rapport with Account Executives and underwriters. The ability to organize and prioritize work during high volume periods to provide timely and creative new business proposals is a critical component of this role. This position requires interaction with our current and prospective clients, carrier partners, and Lighthouse Group colleagues.Responsibilities
• Comply with state laws, policy and organizational procedures
• Obtain and maintain production levels established by leadership
• Create thorough new business and renewal business submissions; including risk narratives, loss ratio analysis, contract analysis, coverage analysis, and any additional required supporting material
• Ability to perform front‐line underwriting to ensure profitable growth of Lighthouse Group's book of business
• Consistently demonstrate timely follow‐up with carrier partners and brokerages following an initial submission
• Maintain a healthy partnership with each individual Account Executive by consistently operating with a sense of urgency and high level of communication on all new business and renewal opportunities
• Demonstrate the ability to professionally negotiate contract terms while maintaining positive, long‐term relationships
• Develop strong understanding of carrier appetite, industry specific exposures and coverages to ensure proposals provide industry leading protection
• Communicate carrier trends and placement to leadership in real time to ensure established carrier goals are obtained
• Consistently convert new, quoted submissions in to written accounts at or above established carrier and industry standards
• Create and maintain a positive work environment – build trust, open communication, creative thinking & cohesive teamwork
• Support Lighthouse Group culture through leading by example
• Performs other duties and projects as required
• Advanced professional designation highly desirable (LIC, CIC, CPCU, etc)
• 5+ years of insurance industry experience
• Possess or willing to obtain a Property and Casualty License
• Professional presence and presentation ability
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret insurance policies
• Very strong verbal and written communication abilities
• Ability to calculate figures such as commissions, interest, carrier rating, and percentages
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• High School Required / Bachelor's degree preferred
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.
#pandoIQOptions Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed