Alera Group is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team!
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact?
Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!
Alera Group was formed in 2016 by the merging of 24 high-performing insurance brokerage firms across the United States and has since grown to 70 plus member firms. Headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, Alera specializes in employee benefits, property and casualty, risk management and wealth management solutions and is the 14th largest independent insurance agency in the United States.
Alera is looking for a dependable, motivated and skilled senior accountant to join our corporate accounting team.Responsibilities
The senior accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare and record general ledger entries, including all payroll and benefits entries for the corporate entity and all subsidiaries (including intercompany transactions)
- Perform account reconciliations and maintain balance sheet workpapers
- Update and analyze internal financial reporting documents
- Ensure month-end and year-end close responsibilities are completed in a timely manner
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Work closely with other internal departments, including but not limited to accounts payable, treasury, financial reporting, legal, etc.
- Assist external audit and tax teams by providing necessary data and support as requested
- Provide support and answer accounting-related questions from Alera subsidiary firms as needed
- Perform special projects and other accounting duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA preferred
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in accounting roles
- Must be comfortable in general ledger system and familiar with accrual accounting
- Excellent communication, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and proactive approach
- Advanced excel skills
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.Options Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed