Insurance Proposal Coordinator
One of Baltimore's Best Places to Work in employee benefits, SIG, seeks a collaborative, detail oriented, Insurance Proposal Coordiantor to join our team.
We take a highly personalized approach to clients' needs and create value through teamwork and a focus on excellence in all aspects of our business. We offer a collegial, family environment in the lovely Quarry Lake complex with great benefits including health/401(k)/dental/vision and work/life balance. SIG won the Baltimore Business Journal's Healthiest Employer Award in 2019, as well as their Best Places to Work award in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. We've also been named Business Insurance's #1 Best Places to Work the last five years in a row and placed as a Top Workplace for The Baltimore Sun three years running.
This position will provide support to our internal teams and clients. We take a highly personalized service approach to clients' needs and create value through teamwork and a focus on excellence in all aspects of our business.
- Sending Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to insurance carriers for Medical, Stop Loss, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD and STD, EAP, FSA/HSA Benefits
- Evaluating RFP's received to confirm accuracy based on Account Executive request
- Populating spreadsheets and templates with the information received as part of the RFP process above
- Obtain census data from client for RFP. Able to manipulate data and create pivot tables for accurate counts based on lines of coverage
- Collect post Open Enrollment census from carrier/TPA
- Effectively manage and organize email inbox, incoming quotes, and direct carrier questions to the correct team member
- Assist in maintaining all renewal paperwork in the electronic files according to the approved naming convention
- Actively and regularly respond to carrier, and staff inquiries while being customer service focused and timely
- Annual entry of benchmark data into the Milliman system
- Complete ad hoc reports/projects, as needed
- Once obtained, maintain necessary CE credit limit to ensure appropriate life & health license is kept active
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft TEAMS
Education: College degree with 1 year of applicable work experience preferred or High School diploma with at least 5 years of applicable work experience.
Experience in an operational (service) environment with previous work in employee benefits and preferred experience with self-funded plans and analysis.
Maryland Life & Health License, obtained within 6 months of hire.Equal Opportunity Employment
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.
#pandoIQOptions Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed