Support Services and COBRA Coordinator
Employer's Advantage Direct an Alera Group Company is seeking a Support Services Cobra Coordinator for their team!
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact? Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!
The Support Services COBRA Coordinator reports to the Lead COBRA Administrator and is responsible for providing administrative support to EAD team members and clients. Performs a variety of benefit administrative functions to provide direct support to the Lead COBRA Administrator, as well as the Lead Enrollment Specialist, Lead Billing Specialist, Technology Implementation Specialist, and Director of Benefit Support Services. The Support Services and COBRA Coordinator represents Alera Group, Inc. d/b/a Employer's Advantage Direct Administrators in a positive and confident manner assuring Outstanding Customer Service to our new and existing clients.Responsibilities
- Process COBRA Notifications: Process all received COBRA requests from clients or the TrueChoice HR systems. Enter eligible members into WebCOBRA, generate and print COBRA notifications, then save to Participant folders. Scan envelopes with postage and mail to party. Send confirmation to the client and save proof of mailing to the N drive on the Centennial/EAD network. Keep clients in legal compliance with state and federal law.
- Process Received QB Payments: Enter payments into WebCOBRA system, as well as make copies of all checks received. Provide all received checks to the Accounting department to be deposited into EAD's bank account. File copies of the checks in the checks folder. Scan and save check copies to the N drive on the Centennial/EAD network.
- Manage COBRA Elections: Process and track COBRA enrollments, terminations, and changes in an accurate and timely manner. Confirm COBRA members are processed using the correct effective dates, and that credits or charges are issued appropriately. Send correspondence generated by WebCOBRA to participants as needed.
- Track COBRA Data: Record number of notices sent, payments of active members and number of active members or groups. Report on QB participation and payment status as needed. Send monthly COBRA participation reports to clients.
- Provide Customer Service: Act as a liaison between clients, employees, and insurance companies if any issues arise.
- Assist with Consolidated Billing: Create monthly consolidated invoices for clients as directed, and cross-check invoices for accuracy.
- Assist with Processing: Send enrollment changes to carriers as directed. Confirm changes have been processed and save confirmation to Employee folder.
- File TPA appointment letters: Create TPA appointment letters and send to carriers. Confirm the carrier has authorized EAD to handle all necessary functions for the client.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining Cascade to communicate the status of position and department initiative, goals, and performance.
- Responsible for abiding by all Centennial/EAD policies and core values.
- Professional and businesslike demeanor. Detail-oriented, self-starter, organized, flexible, personable, and friendly.
- Excellent customer contact / telephone skills. Must project energetic and positive attitude at all times.
- Commitment to effective teamwork and generous collaboration with colleagues.
- Outstanding skills such as time-sensitivity and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, responsiveness, and attention to detail, follow-through and verification for accuracy.
- Utilize problem-solving skills and maintain consistency and accuracy in all responsibilities.
- Maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA standards.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, and two to three years' related experience preferred.
- Ability to perform job reasonably well within three months from date of hire.
- Capable of using the following equipment: computer (proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat or similar PDF software) fax machine and copier.
- Capable of solving mathematical problems including calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- This position requires the following physical effort: sitting, standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting (not in excess of 10 pounds), use of hands and fingers, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.Options Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed