Experienced Automotive Body Repair Technician
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
Tech-Cor collision center is a large, state-of-the-art Collision Repair Center. Tech-Cor's Collision Repair Center is staffed by experienced, certified technicians that through research work directly with vehicle manufacturers focused on research specific to repairability and damageability.
Under direct supervision, using hand tools and power tools, this position may perform vehicle disassembly during the blueprinting (estimating) process. The individual may perform minor non-structural collision repairs including minor dings and dents, exterior panel parts replacement, plastic repairs using adhesives and plastic welding. The individual may perform vehicle refinishing operations including vehicle surface preparation, masking, sanding, priming, and machine buffing of refinished panels.
Under the direct supervision of experienced certified production manager this individual will progress in training to learn frame rack vehicle set up, 3 dimensional measuring, vehicle structural realignment and parts replacement, welding operations which include mig-welding, resistant spot-welding, mag brazing, application of structural adhesive and structural rivets, various mechanical operations which include two and 4-wheel alignment.
The individual is gaining experience in delivering compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual is also gaining experience in meeting band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals. The individual will be learning technical operations that lead to great responsibilities and future career movement.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the production manager by understanding and meeting job requirement ; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Performs vehicle disassembly and structural collision repairs
- Performs vehicle prepping and priming operations
- Repairs vehicles up to manufacturer specifications
- Notifies management if any additional repairs are needed
- Follows the direction of Sr. Technicians and shop management
- Follows federal, state, and company regulations regarding safety and emission standards
- Complies with any laws and regulations affecting paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials
- High school diploma or GED required
- I-CAR welding certifications preferred
- Technical school training gained certificates preferred
- Gaining general knowledge of business area's processes including best practices in order to support the area's projects, products and services
- Gaining ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Achievement of results is limited to impact some of the unit's objectives
- Effective communication in working with others in every day situations and ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Employee is receptive to coaching from leaders and peers and displays the behaviors required to perform the job successfully
- $750/week guaranteedplus commission
- $500 Tool Credit
- 20 days of PTO in the first year of employment
- Full benefits on the first day
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.