Claims Property Design Senior Manager (Process Design, Program and Strategy)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The Property Design team is focused on optimizing our existing organizational structure, tools and technology, digitizing legacy processes to take effort out of the system and automating low effort/repetitive tasks throughout the Property claims ecosystem. While we balance loss costs, efficiency and customer experience equally, the greatest opportunities are in the efficiency (lowing unit costs/LAE) and customer experience.
Purpose: Through direct and indirect leadership, achieve best in class loss cost accuracy, efficient claim handling and a positive customer experience. This is done through design and develop of new processes, optimization existing processes and partnership with the delivery organization to drive business outcomes.
Preferred candidate will have experience with program management, strategic planning, business process design, sourcing/outsourcing and general strategy experience.
Accountabilities: 4-6 direct reports, complex claim by claim file handling strategy (primarily water claims), strategic plan development, virtual inspection tool development and usage, data analysis and authority oversight for all claims exceeding delivery authority
The Leadership Function is reserved for individuals who develop claims strategy, administer quality management initiatives, and administer change management initiatives. Home Office Leadership is responsible for providing administrative guidance and support, and overseeing projects and initiatives that assist Field Claims leadership in establishing and outperforming their strategic goals and objectives. This senior level management role is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing projects and initiatives within Property and Home Office unit that align with Claims strategic direction and support Corporate strategic goals. The individual oversees Managers or Project Managers and organizes and directs activities to assist Field management in their assigned discipline in achieving their objectives, including outperforming the competition in customer service and loss and expense cost management, and supporting Corporate growth goals.Key Responsibilities
- Ensures and enables staff to maintain a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages and resolves escalated customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; develops and directs business unit action plans
Field Operations and Oversight
- Collaborates with senior field management within assigned discipline to provide expertise and oversight in establishing and achieving goals and objectives and aligning unit goals with corporate goals
- Using advanced knowledge and statistical analysis of trends, alternatives and risk factors, and leveraging the knowledge and skills of team members, other Home Office departments, and field leadership, designs, develops, and oversees the implementation of claim policy, processes or procedures
- Defines and implements process improvements, operational performance and effectiveness programs and changes
- Monitors field compliance with laws and regulations
- Monitors and develops strategies to monitor budgets, operational plans, and performance requirements
- Participates in strategy sessions, idea generation and feedback sessions and responsible for aggressive but attainable long-range objectives in assigned area of responsibility
- Creates a productive and supportive work environment of highly engaged employees who create highly satisfied customers
- Ensures understanding of business objectives, results, processes, etc. with their direct reports
- Reviews employee work quality and interactions with customers through conducting ride-alongs or sit-alongs and file reviews
- Manages staff and effectively uses performance management to improve and/or reward employee performance
- Participates in checkpoints, goal setting, and PDS's
- Completes performance corrective action plans and coaches employees on performance or behavior opportunities
- Interviews potential employees
- Monitors staffing levels and workloads
- Effectively coaches and provides development/career guidance for direct reports
- Administers company Human Resources policies
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Property Technical experience preferred
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies highly advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies highly advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies highly advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle highly complex claims
- Provides highly advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- Applies advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
Compensation range for this position is $110,000.00- $160,000.00per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.