Enterprise Scrum Master Lead Consultant
The Scrum Master Lead Consultant is the facilitator and coach for multiple mature Agile teams, responsible for helping the teams and management embrace Agile values, adopt and apply principles, and implement Lean-Agile practices. They reinforce and support the team rules such as Scrum, XP, WIP limits in Kanban, or other process rules the team has agreed upon including Definition of Ready (DoR) and the Definition of Done (DoD). The Scrum Master Lead Consultant helps the teams apply Scaled Agile practices and fosters an environment for high-performance, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. They understand common Agile anti-patterns and utilize a variety of techniques and methods to address them.
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team and that the team understands and practices agility
- Facilitates Scrum events as needed, and reinforces the teams agreed upon rules including the definition of ready and done
- Finds techniques for effective backlog management, and ensures the Product Owner knows how to arrange the product backlog to maximize value
- Coaches the teams in scrum values and practices, self-organization, cross functionality, and empirical planning and development
- Helps the team create high value products by removing impediments, and protecting the team from distractions and complacency
- Applies scaling patterns with the teams to understand and coordinate cross-team dependencies and foster program collaboration
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement by helping team members take responsibility for their actions, facilitating the team retrospectives, and teaching problem-solving techniques
- Hosts and regularly contributes to Scrum Master CoP
- Facilitator for effective Agile workshops with multiple teams
- Project Management:
- Demonstrates the uppermost levels of proficiency in applying project management methodologies in challenging and complex situations. Demonstrates expertise in critical project areas, including the core components of resources, planning, communication, risk, project integration management, scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, and leadership. Able to deal with ambiguity and change in project scope without impacting the project in a negative way. Provides thought leadership and interacts with senior management to keep them informed,and facilitates project completion through effective communication.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience5 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- PSM-I / CSM / PMI-ACP / SSM
- SA/ SP/ SASM
- Has practical experience working in software development environments, facilitating meetings and fostering collaboration across diverse groups of individuals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information across various levels of the enterprise
- Has knowledge and understanding of Agile values and principles (Agile Manifesto), and models agile habits and behaviors
- Can effectively support one to 2 teams at progressive maturity levels
- Understanding of agile anti-patterns and experience of methods to correct them
- Has knowledge and understanding of Scrum values, principles, Servant Leadership, and practices (Scrum Guide)
- Has experience influencing and coaching others in a professional setting
- Has basic knowledge of Dev-Ops and its benefits to Agility
- Has deep understanding of the PO Role, Story Writing and their responsibilities
- Ability to modify and adapt to context to select the appropriate framework and techniques
Salary range $81,900 - $125,000. Salary is commensurate with the experience.Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands, and taking bold steps to serve our customers' evolving needs better. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you'll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good. Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 90years, we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.The Sales Professional opportunity is not an employment opportunity directly with Allstate Insurance Company, but employment as a staff with Allstate Exclusive Agents who are independent contractors. 2021 Allstate Insurance Co.