Customer Service Specialist - Asset
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Launch your Sales career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Provides timely and accurate guidance and service to policy holders and sales representatives for a variety of insurance products, plans and programs. Identifies and responds to customer needs to ensure high customer satisfaction, growth, and retention of business.
- Provides exceptional customer service by responding promptly to all inbound calls or written inquiries regarding Flood, Wind, and other products and services.
- Builds rapport with each customer, both internal and external, and actively listens and responds to requests. Works to retain policyholders who inquire about canceling through open listening, negotiating, and policy review of customer issues.
- Quotes, binds, services, and renews all Wind policies.
- Works with third party companies, including FEMA, CEA, and Wind Associations to provide resolution to complicated/elevated situations.
- Exercises initiative and judgment while researching and solving complex customer complaints and issues.
- Works with other departments to resolve standard and more complex service issues. Point-of-reference for technical/procedural information for Sales and Service personnel.
- Support sales initiatives and sales personnel as appropriate. Assists sales with building strong customer relationships and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Processes policyholder transactions accurately and within Customer Response Center established time standards.
- Handles verbal complaints, including effectively managing difficult customer interactions, with some monitoring and coaching.
- Manages and utilizes time effectively to ensure department meets required service levels for improved customer satisfaction results.
- Proficiently utilizes on-line reference materials to provide confident, accurate, and efficient customer service. Develops and maintains product, procedural and technical systems knowledge. Responsible for satisfying ongoing continuing education (C.E.) requirements in order to maintain necessary P&C license.
- Consistently looks for opportunities to drive continuous improvement to enhance performance and customer experience.
- Provides training and guidance to new employees and cross-functional teams on customer satisfaction skills and allocates and monitors daily workflow. Research and resolve backlogs. Enthusiastically supports and pilots new initiatives within the department. Acts as a leader within the department for supporting change and office or department programs and contests.
- Minimum of 1 year in a customer service or sales role within the insurance industry.
- Working knowledge of Wind and Flood policy handling is required.
- Ability to review, record and organize written data from a variety of sources with no prescribed format is essential.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills are required.
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex contracts to customers.
- P&C license required.