Our client is a Fortune 100 company and has a long-standing history in the insurance industry with covering financial institutions and management liability risks. We are looking for a Director of Financial Institutions, Management Liability to join their team.
Title: Director of Financial Institutions, Management Liability
Location: New York, New York
Overview: The Director is responsible for a team of professional level underwriters (about 4). Overall, this individual will develop and implement underwriting strategies for the team and direct associates according to the agreed-upon goals, budgets, and guidelines.
- Oversees the development and implementation of underwriting guidelines, rates, forms, and product endorsements and procedures.
- Instructs and guides the general agency, brokerage relationships/results, and recommends corrective action if necessary.
- Monitors and approves rates, forms, and endorsement filings.
- Regularly visits with general agents/brokerages.
- Approves accounts which exceed underwriting staffs' authority due to level of complexity, premium, and class of business or coverage provided.
- Administers and participates in discussions with reinsurers verifying the appropriate use of all reinsurance facilities used by the department, including various treaties, semiautomatic and facultative reinsurance.
- Communicates and interacts with all departments of the company including communicating regional and/or brokerage initiatives and goals.
- Directs associate management including: performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow and organizational planning, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, and/or risk management. Masters degree preferred and JD a plus.
- 8+ years experience with D&O and/or E&O underwriting as well as leadership experience within D&O or E&O lines preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as ability to direct and lead individuals.
- Highly adaptable to new trends, software, technology, and complex insurance risks. Ability to implement new trends.
- Experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Pay: Generous Bonus Structure. Salaried Position with Benefits. Contact Recruiter for More Info.