Our client is a growing national specialty insurance carrier that has a streamlined environment with little to no “red tape” for their underwriters. We are looking for a Vice President of Medical Malpractice Healthcare Underwriting to join their team in Atlanta, Georgia.
Title: Vice President, Medical Malpractice Healthcare Underwriting
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Overview: This position will be responsible for managing much of the Eastern Territory for Medical Malpractice/Healthcare business. The VP of Medical Malpractice Underwriting will be responsible for handling a book of business plus managing a team focused on medical malpractice and umbrella coverages across a wide array of facilities (hospitals, surgery centers, clinics, labs, etc.).
- Underwrite Healthcare Medical Malpractice business - both new and renewal accounts.
- Develop underwriting solutions, prepare quotes, and bind business with a focus on profitable underwriting.
- Manage a team of underwriters.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across all distribution channels.
- Manage delegated authority programs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of Medical Malpractice/Healthcare related underwriting.
- 2+ years of experience mentoring and managing other underwriters.
- CPCU certification or similar.
- Strong understanding of liability insurance policy wording, terms and conditions.
- Excellent relationships across both wholesale and retail brokerage communities.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Strong math and financial skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Pay: Contact Recruiter for More Info.