Our client is a world-leading insurance and financial services group that values integrity, innovation, and inclusion. We are looking for a Middle Market Senior Underwriter to join their team.
Title: Middle Market Senior Underwriter
Location: Chicago, IL
Overview: The Senior Production Underwriter is responsible to produce and underwrite profitable Commercial Lines business, including package, automobile, workers compensation and umbrella within the assigned territory.
- Selects and underwrites moderate to highly complex accounts and risks.
- Determines if reinsurance is needed and procures quotes from various internal and external markets.
- Works with Underwriting Manager to develop and implement an agency appointment strategy for assigned territory and manages the territory by visiting agents, brokers, and clients on a regular basis.
- Identifies and develops strong relationships with assigned agents to obtain positive submissions flow, gain market intelligence and meet new business and profitability goals.
- Applies appropriate pricing of techniques.
- Monitors underwriting results and premium and loss trends within assigned book of business.
- Establishes and executes insured and producer travel programs, independently or with Risk Engineering, Claims and Underwriting Manager.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university is preferred.
- 5-7 years underwriting multi-line middle market commercial business ($100,000 to $1m) with a minimum of 5 years in a production a role.
- Experience with advanced underwriting concepts such as large deductible programs is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated negotiation and production skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Pay: Contact Recruiter for More Info.