Our client provides comprehensive property and casualty coverage policies for nonprofit and for-profit social service and charitable organizations. They provide a broad range of protection against risks that these niched partners encounter. We are looking for a Senior Production Underwriter to develop, grow and maintain a profitable book of Human Services business.
Title: Human Services Underwriter
Location: Remote; Preferences include Oregon, Washington, Arizona, and Colorado.
Overview: This role develops, maintains, and grows a profitable book of Human services business within an assigned territory. A professional in this role demonstrates functional and technical knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures, and techniques to include coverage issues, product lines, marketing, and relevant systems and competition in the marketplace. This person has a background in underwriting property and casualty lines focused on human services accounts.
- Manage assigned territory of agencies including regular contact and visits with key territory agents.
- Solicit desirable business from assigned agents.
- Communicate with agents on matters pertaining to new and renewal submissions and service items.
- Determine degree of risk, specifying applicable endorsements and applying pricing to ensure overall profitable risk selection.
- Provide clear instruction and guidance to rating and processing personnel.
- Maintain records and prepare required reports on activity and production.
- Ensure account stewardship, partnering with Claims and Loss Control staff to do so.
- May assist in developing internal procedures and forms.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Property & Casualty UW focused on Human Services accounts.
- Knowledge of insurance rating, structure, forms, and coverages.
- Strong MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills to include the ability to affirmatively close sales.
Pay: Contact Recruiter for more info.