Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder general direction, this role partners with business and functional leadership to contribute business architecture rigor, insight, and analysis, to teams defining, assessing, and planning to bridge strategy to execution. This role is also responsible for leading engagements with low to moderate complexity.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to clarification of goals and strategy.
- Helps identify internal implications of strategic choices.
- Leads and conducts business capability discovery and analysis (moderate/high scope/complexity).
- Leads and conducts capability assessments (moderate scope/complexity).
- Provides insight and analysis into business and operating model design.
- Monitors traceability and linkage between design and execution planning.
- Supports ongoing improvement of the design over time.
- Demonstrated business experience, with working knowledge of business analysis, process improvement, business transformation, and/or business strategy development within complex organizations and business environments.
- General knowledge of business architecture tools and concepts.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated business experience with working knowledge of business analysis, process improvement and/or business architecture.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Leadership Skills (Intermediate)
- -Personally accountable
- -Demonstrated ability to interact and influence across levels of organization
- -Ability to drive outcomes
- -Increases organizational performance through coaching and mentoring
- Influencing Skills (Advanced)
- -Seeks opportunities to learn from and to influence others
- -Facilitate negotiations toward practical solutions
- Relationship Management (Advanced)
- -High emotional intelligence
- -Ability to consider others' ideas; responds well to feedback
- -Ability to work independently, as a member of a team, and team lead
- -Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with a diverse group of people at all levels in both business and IT areas across the Enterprise
- -Strong credibility; easily gains respect and trust from others
- Organizational Skills (Advanced)
- -Highly adaptable, with ability to proactively accommodate shifting priorities and aggressive timelines
- -Ability to organize work efficiently and effectively
- -Ability to see results to completion
- Communication Skills (Advanced)
- -Excellent oral and written communication skills
- -Strong presentation skills
- -Highly effective facilitation skills within small or large group settings
- -Presents thoughts effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization including senior leaders
- -Ability to successfully collaborate within team and throughout organization to bring together desired results
- -Ability to convey information in accurate and consumable models
- -Ability to translate concepts into terms understandable by everyone
- Problem Solving and Analysis Skills (Advanced)
- -Ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected information, identify patterns, and articulate organizational relevance
- -Ability to solicit input, analyze data, draw conclusions and provide recommendations
- -Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- -Ability to hold both a 'big-picture' and a detailed view of a business problem when considering solutions
- -Creatively generates ideas with confidence
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.