Property Claim Adjuster
Property Claim Adjuster
Merchants Insurance Group is a leading Property and Casualty Insurer in the Northeast and is looking for an experienced Property Claim Adjuster for our Claims team to join our Corporate Headquarters located in Buffalo, New York. Merchants Insurance Group is proud to be named a “Fast Track” company for the 3rd year in a row by Buffalo’s Business First and has recently been named as one of Ward's top performing insurance companies in the United States. Ward's is the provider of benchmarking and best practices for the insurance industry. They analyze staff levels, compensation, business practices and expenses for all areas of company operations.
The safety of our colleagues, both current and future, is Merchants Insurance Group’s highest priority. At this time, most of our colleagues are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. The candidate selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area until such time as it is determined that colleagues will return to the office.
The Property Claim Adjuster will become part of a dedicated claims team focusing on Property Damage claims. This position interacts extensively with internal colleagues as well as policyholders, agents, attorneys and insureds and a multitude of claim-related service providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivating relationships with claims and other internal staff, policyholders, attorneys, agents and a variety of service providers and experts all while working towards achieving the most optimal outcomes for Merchants and our policyholders.
- Providing a high level of customer service while managing a portfolio of Property Damage claims.
- Conducting and directing timely and quality claim investigations, evaluations and equitable settlements of all assigned claims.
- Ensuring timely and accurate reserves consistent with established reserving philosophy and practices.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Qualified candidates will have a 4 year degree or equivalent work related experience.
- 3 plus years property damage claims experience.
- Exceptional organizational, verbal and written communication and negotiation skills are required.
- Professional designations or working towards industry specific designations are a plus.
Merchants Insurance Group Benefits:
- Welcoming and positive work environment
- Flexible work arrangements, including flex scheduling and summer hours
- Competitive pay scale
- Generous paid time off package
- Full Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, 401(k) employer match amount is 100% up to 6% of your annual contributions. You are immediately 100% vested in the employer match dollars.
- Two outstanding company bonus programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
And many more exciting company benefits!! Please visit our company website to apply online: www.merchantsgroup.com. EOE